You’re fit, toned and have played sports your whole life. You love living a healthy, active lifestyle and your body thanks you for it! With a background in sports, the Athletic figure will typically have broader shoulders (perhaps from swimming), a less defined waist (but toned) and a smaller bust that you don’t need to support (yay no back problems for you!). So you can wear most bikinis – all you really have to worry about is giving your figure a swimsuit that will enhance your bust and bring your shoulders in. Here’s a few tips to help flatter your Athletic figure:
– Triangle and halter tops are great styles for you as they compliment your shoulders. If you like something girly then go for frills, lace and flounces on the bikini top. These little extras will enhance your bust! They will also give your athletic figure a more feminine touch; frills and the like distract the eye and take the focus away from your less defined waist.
– If you want to wear a strapless style top, make sure it’s a sweetheart neckline.
– Same rule goes for the bottoms… frills, flounces, ruffles and lace detailed styles are gorgeous on you! They will give your torso more curves. Tie sides will also have the same positive effect. Ruching up the back of your pant is always nice to give your butt some extra shape.
– Stick to Brazilian cut bottoms girls – you may not have a big booty but a Brazilian cut will give you one!
– Avoid boyleg cuts – they can make you look squarish.
– Avoid bandeau’s or tube tops without straps as they will broaden your shoulders.
Athletic figured celebrities
Notice how they like halter tops? Always flattering! A padded top will also enhance your bust.
Jaymes Girls with an athletic figure
Dani Bonnor lives and breathes health and fitness. She has an amazing, toned figure that looks great in a Jaymes bikini. Dani is quite tall at 5’9 with athletic broad shoulders; her hips measure 80cm, her bust is sized 84cm (12B) and she has long toned legs. Dani wears size 8 tops and size 10 bottoms in Jaymes; although, she could wear a size 8 but prefers a little more coverage. Click on the image below to check out more images from her recent photo shoot with Jaymes Swimwear.
Jaymes Bikinis for an athletic figure
After seeing our styles on many body shapes, we’ve put a few of our favourite bikini combos together that have worked well for athletic figures. All girls have different preferences of coverage and styles so here are some tips and tricks on buying the right Jaymes bikini for you! Remember there are more Jaymes bikinis that will suit you – these are just a few: